Cultivating Generous Congregations
July 15, July 20, and August 3, 2023
We invite you and your ministry team to participate in a seminar experience that could change the way you and your congregation approach giving and generosity. Cultivating Generous Congregations (CGC) is an interactive seminar—offered on a contract basis in partnership with denominational or network organizations—demonstrating how pastors and ministry leaders can unearth and energize congregational generosity by exploring the significant and necessary steps to creating lasting cultural change within a congregation.
Interactive segments of CGC explore theology, the role of adaptive leadership, fiscal transparency and the importance of donor care, with action steps to impact the generosity exploration and experience for both laity and clergy.
Who should attend:
CGC is designed for congregational teams of 3-5 individuals – clergy, lay leaders, administrators, stewardship committees, and fundraisers who are directly involved in congregation-wide decisions.
Date and structure of program:
- In-person meeting on Saturday, July 15 from 9 am – 3 pm at TBD. Lunch will be provided.
- Zoom meeting on Thursday, July 20 from 7:00-8:15 pm.
- Zoom meeting on Thursday, August 3 from 7:00-8:15 pm.
- $150 per congregational team
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made by July 10, 2023 may receive a refund of the amount paid less the deposit and $15 processing fee, or may transfer to another offering. Cancellations after that date may transfer to another offering. Please submit cancellations in writing to email@example.com.
- Cultivating Generous Congregations workbook for each participant
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks throughout the day
What’s not included:
- Required and recommended reading materials
Please contact Lake Institute on Faith & Giving at LakeInstitute@iupui.edu or 317-278-8998 with any questions.
Insights, a bi-weekly e-newsletter, is a resource for the religious community and fundraisers of faith-based organizations that provides:
- Reflections on important developments in the field of faith and giving
- Recommended books, studies and articles
- Upcoming Lake Institute events