Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising
April 15-17, 2024
With a generous grant from the Duke Endowment, we are pleased to offer this cohort of the Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising (ECRF) at no cost to United Methodist rural clergy in North Carolina.
The Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising provides the research, tools, and customized training to meet the growing needs of leaders in religious communities and fundraisers of faith-based organizations. The focus of the ECRF is on the cultural, organizational, and philanthropic practices unique to religious institutions. These practices in turn enable donors motivated by spiritual and religious values to experience the joy of generous giving.
Who should attend:
United Methodist pastors of rural churches in North Carolina who wish to learn more about the spirituality of fundraising and gain a core foundation in fundraising principles.
Date and structure of program:
- The class will meet beginning at 1:00 pm on Monday, April 15 through 12:00 pm on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (The same course will be offered again October 7-9, 2024, if you are unable to participate in the April cohort.)
- Location: Dogwood on Lake Norman, 7062 Camp Dogwood Drive, Sherrills Ford, NC 28673.
- There will be one follow up zoom call on Tuesday, May 7 from 4:00-5:00 pm Eastern.
- Additional teaching materials and tools to apply course learning in participants’ church contexts will be provided for one year through Lake Institute’s online learning platform.
- Participants complete a faculty-supported contextual fundraising-related project in their home ministry setting.
- 2 nights of single occupancy lodging at Dogwood on Lake Norman (April 15-16)
- All meals (lunch on April 15 through lunch on April 17)
- If traveling with an infant, we will include lodging and meals for one caregiver.
- Required and recommended reading materials will be sent to you in advance of the class.
- Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising course curriculum ($1,350 value).
What’s not included:
- Travel expenses. (Please consider carpooling and/or using accountable reimbursement funds to cover your travel expenses.)
- Lodging and meals for spouse traveling with you. (Our host site offers numerous recreational activities for modest fees during the day, and the group will have Tuesday evening after dinner free for rest and relaxation.)
Insights, a bi-weekly e-newsletter, is a resource for the religious community and fundraisers of faith-based organizations that provides:
- Reflections on important developments in the field of faith and giving
- Recommended books, studies and articles
- Upcoming Lake Institute events