Explore learning opportunities and deepen your understanding of faith-based giving, religious fundraising, and generosity
Studying, teaching, and understanding the religious motivations for giving allows for more effective fundraising and outreach across the nonprofit sector. By pairing Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy’s groundbreaking research with Lake Institute’s on-the-ground knowledge of religious traditions, Lake Institute translates an understanding of statistics and trends into practical tools and strategies. But even more important than the how to, we address the why.
Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising
An eight-week online course with a practical application project that provides research, tools, and customized training to meet the growing needs of leaders in religious communities and fundraisers of faith-based organizations.
Cultivating Generous Congregations
This seminar, designed for congregational teams, examines key concepts to shape a comprehensive development strategy by exploring significant and necessary steps to creating lasting cultural change within a congregation.
Past participants shared their feedback about our educational programs.
- ‘I see myself as a philanthropist in a whole new way’ by Lisa Smith Fiegel
- Giving with mission by Rev. Ka Hon Tony Wong
- Fundraising as essential to mission by Sr. Bernadette Mota
- ‘Highlighting stewardship, giving, and gratitude will have ripple effects for generations’ by Jenna Olson Popp
- ‘Changing the culture of our congregation and community’ by Rev. Kristofer Lindh-Payne
‘Giving begins first with the heart’ by Rafia Khader
Insights, a bi-weekly e-newsletter, is a resource for the religious community and fundraisers of faith-based organizations that provides:
- Reflections on important developments in the field of faith and giving
- Recommended books, studies and articles
- Upcoming Lake Institute events