Lake Institute on Faith & Giving – within the first-of-its-kind Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy – invites inquiries, nominations, and applications for the full-time position of Senior Program Manager.
The primary tasks of this role are project management and event coordination, along with relationship-building among Lake Institute’s many partner organizations.
Designs, plans, and coordinates activities to ensure program goals and objectives are met. Participates in planning and developing the program’s activities to meet its goals and mission. Performs duties necessary for program operation – recruitment, advising and tracking, developing reports and budgets, and maintaining program’s informational material. Oversees events and trainings, research projects, grants, and revenue-generating programs, and is responsible for writing and reporting on program activity. This position will manage a portfolio of programs, including but not limited to:
- Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising courses
- Cultivating Generous Congregations workshops
- Lake Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship
- Research projects and partnerships
About the Institute
Lake Institute on Faith & Giving fosters a deeper understanding of the dynamic relationship between faith and giving, through research, education, and public conversation.
We believe Lake Institute can make its most important contribution to American religious life by helping to articulate and nurture this deeper understanding of the role of faith and giving. We hope through our work to enhance the reflection and action by 21st century religious institutions, movements, and enterprises, and the capacity, creativity, and confidence of those who will lead them.
- Plans, directs and implements programs or events, including the creation of materials to support these events.
- Communicates with staff and serves as liaison to program participants, collaborators in other units, community partners, vendors and the public; approves staff purchase requests; arranges staff travel, accommodations, and research activities.
- Provides mechanisms, training, and advice on a variety of issues such as budget management software and advanced strategies for timely spending of grant funds.
- Recruits, trains, directs, schedules, and evaluates faculty and staff partners, students, and volunteers. Serves as a resource and provides guidance to team staff members as needed.
- Research available grants and works closely with managers to identify funding needs and potential sources, creates grant proposals that further advance support of the program and program participants.
- Constructs and administers program budgets and approves spending. Tracks progress on deliverables, analyzes data on projected spending and prepares reports for higher management and funding sources.
- Keep abreast of best practices to recommend policies and procedures that deliver a quality program experience.
Education: The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree, with a Master’s degree preferred in the area of religious studies, education, or nonprofit management.
Experience: At least five years of relevant experience in teaching, resource, and partnership development or a combination of three years teaching and two years in a related field (fundraising, educational administration, religious institutional leadership) required.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits will include health care; life and disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution up to 10% of salary; tuition benefit; paid time off and paid holidays according to Indiana University policy.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted only via the Indiana University online application system. The job number is 303124, and the posting may be found via this link: https://bit.ly/3EOfkLi
Application materials shall include a resume with a cover letter of interest that specifically addresses how the candidate’s experiences meet the qualifications described in this position profile. Requests for additional information and/or written nominations may be sent to the Search Committee at LakeInstitute@iupui.edu.