Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising
May 20-22, 2024
Presbyterian College is partnering with Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy’s Lake Institute on Faith and Giving to offer the Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising (ECRF) in the southeast region.
This program allows students the opportunity to earn a certificate in fundraising as they explore motivations for giving in the nonprofit sector. The class begins with a required two and half days in-person teaching sessions in Charlotte, NC, hosted by Presbyterian College, one follow up zoom call, and ends with a practical application project.
The Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising provides the research, tools, and customized training to meet the growing needs of leaders in religious communities and fundraisers of faith-based organizations. The focus of the ECRF is on the cultural, organizational, and philanthropic practices unique to religious institutions. These practices in turn enable donors motivated by spiritual and religious values to experience the joy of generous giving.
Who should attend:
Religious leaders in faith-based organizations and institutions who wish to learn more about the spirituality of fundraising and gain a core foundation in fundraising principles.
Date and structure of program:
- The class will meet beginning at noon on Monday, May 20 through noon on Wednesday, May 22, 2024.
- Location: Charlotte, NC. Covenant Presbyterian Church (1000 E Morehead Street, Charlotte, NC 28204)
- There will be one follow up zoom call, date TBD.
- Asynchronous learning through the learning platform.
- $1,350 with a $100 registration fee. (The registration fee will be waived for Presbyterian College alumni.)
- Deadline for registration is May 1, 2024.
- The tuition of cost of $1350 can be refunded if a participant cancels 30 days in advance or sooner. The $100 registration fee is nonrefundable.
- Certificate Curriculum
- Online learning platform
- Continental breakfast will be provided on Tuesday and Wednesday; and lunch will be provided on Tuesday.
What’s not included:
- Required and recommended reading materials
- Hotel accommodations and travel are not included in tuition costs.
- Meals not mentioned above.
Insights, a bi-weekly e-newsletter, is a resource for the religious community and fundraisers of faith-based organizations that provides:
- Reflections on important developments in the field of faith and giving
- Recommended books, studies and articles
- Upcoming Lake Institute events